Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh, I'm sorry. Now I'll *aks* you again. Where is the mi-cro-wave?

Last night the shopping expedition went much smoother. Dom stayed home with Michael so I didn't have to worry about the munchkin running through the aisles of Hobby Lobby and knocking over the displays of glass decor that fill the center of the store.

I got a birthday present for my dad, but I can't tell you what it is because he sometimes reads this. Hi, Daddy! And I also found a sweet metallic purse. It was the only one left and someone had pulled the tag off. When I asked an associate about the price she said, "Oh, I bought a few of those the other day. I think they were either $11.99 or $19.99." I scrunched up my face when she said it might be 20 bucks and she smiled and said, "Want me to take it up front and tell them it's $11.99?"

Sweet! I got a cheap purse. It's got a lot of room, too. It's this shape,
but this color, and no fake scaley trim either.

It made me wicked happy. And even though I only spent about as much time shopping as the night before, I felt less rushed. That made the whole experience more enjoyable. I even managed to get a portable DVD player for Michael for our upcoming car trip! Yay, I can listen to Elmo for hours instead of a crying toddler. Is that really any better?

The chick that got it out of the display cabinet for me didn't know anything about DVD players or car mounting kits. But she did say she could "Axe someone over dere." I bit my lip so hard, I though it would be bruised this morning. It's not. And I get to tell you all about it. Makes me think that it really will be the proper pronunciation in another 1,000 years. Futurama may be right! Let's just hope none of us accidentally time travel trying to make popcorn and end up our own grandparent.

Today's subject line quote is Leela, "Futurama" (1999) {Roswell that Ends Well (#4.1)}.

3 comments:

  1. Actuallly, it's not such a new pronunciation at all. Bill Shakespeare used it. (Okay, he wrote it that way) English had, upon a time, much more fluid rules for pronunciation and spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when Futurama (and other shows) go "back in time" and poke fun at us. i.e. Demolition man.

    ReplyDelete

Visits

Follow me. I might lead you somewhere you haven't been.