Monday, February 9, 2009

I watch soap operas. I bake brownies. Normalcy is coursing through my veins.

Dom has returned safely from his trip and things have gone back to normal around here. Mostly. Unless you witnessed the hour long, ADHD play binge that Michael went on last night--things appear normal to you.

I, on the other hand, watched a 15 month old climb onto his toy box and dive off it repeatedly last night. We also saw him jog in place, stop and dance like Stevie Wonder, then try to climb in the toy box. It was the most revved up either of us has ever seen him. As disturbing as it was, it was also hilarious and a lot of fun for the whole family.

I'm thinking that a combination of chocolate chip cookies at snack time and playing with Dom after bath time got him so wound up. Michael was playing with his daddy in the office with one of those humongous (did I actually spell that right? Wow.) exercise balls. The were bouncing it off of their heads and chasing it around the room. Next thing we knew, Michael was bouncing off the walls.

Unfortunately, with the return of "normalcy" comes a stack of dishes in the sink so high that causes me to get a crick in my neck looking up at it. How can one man cause so much mess? It was so easy to keep the house clean when he was gone! I also had nothing to do all day/night so I cleaned constantly. Now that he's home, I find myself snuggling on the couch with him in my waking hours and snuggling in the bed with him during my sleeping ones.

I'm so happy to have him back home! Even if I have to do all of the dishes in the house twice (because they never get clean the first time). And since this weekend is valentine's day, I'm probably going to have a gigantimous blog in Dom's honor later this week. Or not, because once I mention that I'm going to do something it becomes a homework assignment and I never get it done. You're still waiting on the New Orleans blog, aren't you?

Don't be mad, have a present! This one is mostly for Eddie...


Today's subject line quote is Jackie-O, "The House of Yes" (1997).

1 comment:

  1. Glad Dominic's home and sorry I missed Michael's spaz out.

    Am I the only one who spent more time than I want to admit looking for the ninjas???

    ReplyDelete

Visits

Follow me. I might lead you somewhere you haven't been.