Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You read magazines, sip coffee, and every so often, someone tries to kill you.

There is not a coffee mug in the world big enough for the amount of caffeine I need today. I could be chugging it out of 7/11 Big Gulp cup and still be dragging ass.

Michael got up a whopping total of 3 times last night. I prefer it when he gets up 0 times. Actually, I prefer it when he sleeps so damn long that I get worried and have to come poke him awake. I'm assuming it was teething issues--so drugs before bed, it is! There's always a slim chance that nothing was wrong and he just wanted to be a turd in pajamas. So drugs before bed, it is!

Hopefully he'll crash in a couple of hours and I can take a nap. Then I can feel like less of a zombie that craves java instead of brains. I'm still moaning "braaaaiinnnsss" though. Sorry but "caaapppuuccciiinnnooooooooo" just isn't as shiver inducible...no matter how evil hippies think Starbuck's is.

Now for something exciting! In planning our family vacation this year, we invited all of our siblings to chime in with ideas and offers to come along. In doing so, my mother-in-law volunteered to watch Michael while we have a real vacation...as adults.

Do you know how fabulous this is? We can enjoy things like, restaurants. No worries of keeping Michael entertained while we eat. Hell, I can even eat my own plate of food without sharing! Wow, it really is those little things that you start to appreciate. We can also check out the night life and ride rollercoasters! Holy crap...we can sleep in!

Now I just have to convince myself it's okay to leave him behind, much less for more than a day or two. It's looking like Disney World is the winning bid for Vaycay. But is it just cruel to go to the "Happiest Place on Earth" without your kid? He's not old enough to appreciate it or even remember...so as long as we go back when he's older, I'm square right?

So far my vacation is a nice guilt trip.

Onto the presents. Because I can't think of anything more fantastic than this today, you're all getting a lifetime supply of Children's Tylenol, Baby Orajel, and a bucket of coffee.



The subject line quote of the day is Michael Westen, "Burn Notice" (2007) {Pilot (#1.1)}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits

Follow me. I might lead you somewhere you haven't been.