Sunday, November 8, 2009

Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing?

The universe, even it it's infinite vastness and equal measure of mystery, has offered me a clue to cracking it's existence. It's a bit of a Robert Langdon to the Da Vinci Code, if you will. So I will offer all of you my tidbit of wisdom, and it is this: my husband leaves on a trip and everything goes to shit.

Yes. Critters and toxic mold invade by the plague-ful, pets die, electricity evades, and my 2 year-old suddenly likes to expose my chest to the Dollar Tree cashier. And as if that isn't enough to make you want to strike a deal with Satan himself to never have to utter the words "Are you fucking kidding me??" again...

There is a hurricane headed straight for my front porch.

Today's subject line quote is Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971).

4 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain we're living the same life - sans the two year old. Every time my hubs leaves something happens. A cat catches the dibetes and almost dies, a massive wasps' nest explodes releasing hundres of wasps on my back porch, the house becomes infested with spiders (and more wasps), the other cat decides to not let a spot on the floor exist without one of his many bodily fluids, etc. etc. etc.

    But I haven't had a hurricane - just some bad storms with flooding. Please come visit me and I'll take care of you, the pets, and the boy :) And I'll even try to keep you safe from floods, spiders, and wasps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it passes on by with no BIG problems.thinking of you guys
    jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( hope it wasn't too bad babe. we're dealing with the last of Ida now. glad we don't live in VA.

    if it helps i have been banished to the couch...which is infested with spiders. one of those made a web in my hair last night as i slept [i think...but don't they do that in the evening? we have retarded spiders anyway].

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.donthumanizetheenemy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Visits

Follow me. I might lead you somewhere you haven't been.